The two- day civil strike by central trade unions to protest against the government programs entered its alternate day on Tuesday, impacting normal life in some corridor of the country. Stay then for all live updates
1. Tamil Nadu| Colorful trade unions, including the DMK- led trade union Labour Progressive Federation (LPF), share in the civil strike against govt programs for the 2nd & final day.
2. Their demands include scrapping of Labour Canons, no privatisation in any form, scrapping of National Monetisation Pipeline (NMP), increased allocation of stipend under MNREGA (Mahatma Gandhi Rural Employment Guarantee Act) and regularisation of contract workers.
3. A common forum of central trade unions is protesting against the government programs affecting workers, growers, and people.
4. The two- day civil strike by central trade unions to protest against the government programs entered its alternate day on Tuesday, impacting normal life in some corridor of the country.
5. Congress MP gives suspense notice in Rajya Sabha to bandy'Bharat Bandh'
Congress MP Shaktisinh Gohil on Tuesday gave suspense of Business notice in Rajya Sabha to bandy the two- day civil strike called"Bharat Bandh" offered by different trade unions to protest against colorful government programs. A common forum of central trade unions had given a call for a civil strike on March 28 and March 29. Their demands include the scrapping of the labour canons, no privatisation of any form, scrapping of the National Monetisation Pipeline (NMP), increased allocation of stipend under MNREGA (Mahatma Gandhi Rural Employment Guarantee Act), and regularisation of contract workers among others.
6. Services in banks were oppressively hit due to the strike. The bank workers' unions shared in the check work, protesting against the Banking Laws Amendment Bill 2021 and the Centre's plan to privatise public sector lenders.
7. Train services were affected in several divisions as members of the trade unions offered a' rail roko'in Bhubaneswar, Berhampur and some other road stations.
8. Either, hundreds of exchanges were seen lined up on public and state roadways across Odisha.
9. The impact of the two- day strike was visible in Bhubaneswar, Cuttack, Sambalpur, Berhampur and also in the artificial belts as the transport services were disintegrated.
10. Transport, banking services affected in Odisha on first day of general strike
. Public transport was off the road and train services were hit while banking operations were affected in Odisha on Monday, the first day of the civil strike called by a common forum of central trade unions against colorful “anti-people” programs of the government.