According to UNESCO, India has 40 World Heritage Sites in the year, and one of them is Kaziranga National Park which is located in Assam. Assam is a unique land with tea plantations, Asian temples, national parks, historical monuments and more. Formally known as Rangpur, it was the capital of the Ahom kings from 1699 to 1788. I see many places and beautiful temples and I love to see them.
In 1985, UNESCO declared Kaziranga a World Heritage Site, in fact it is gifted with a white variety of flora and fauna and includes wild buffalo, Indian wild boar, sambar, deer, hog deer, panther Indian gray mongoose, white It is home to animals such as the brown gibbon.
In fact, the history of Kaziranga as a protected area in 1904 has a long story behind it. Well in 1904 Mary Curzon visited Kaziranga. She was the wife of Lord Curzon, the then Viceroy of India. He had heard that Kaziranga was famous for rhinos. But see that not a single rhino could pit. See that her husband requests immediate measures to protect the rhinos. Soon in 1905, Kaziranga proposed a research forest. Gradually the park grew in size. In 1916, it was renamed as Kaziranga Game Sanctuary. Digital to enter the park hunting was strictly prohibited. Then in 1950 the name was changed again.
International Day for Monuments and Sites 2022: Every year on 18 April, the International Day for Display of Sites and Monuments is observed as IDMS. The basic objective of this day is to "raise awareness about the conservation of monuments and sites", special importance is given to this day so that various cultural programs and tourist events are organized on heritage and sites. What are many related and group discussions organized on this day on topics related to our rich heritage.
International Day for Monuments and Sites 2022: What is the basic objective of World Heritage Day?
1. To sign the World Heritage Convention and ensure the protection of its natural and cultural heritage.
2. To encourage States Parties to the Convention to nominate sites within their national territory for inclusion in the World Heritage List.
3. Encouraging States Parties to establish management plans and reporting systems on the state of conservation of their World Heritage sites.
4. To help States Parties protect World Heritage properties by providing technical assistance and professional training.
5. To provide emergency assistance for World Heritage Sites in immediate danger.
6. To support the public awareness-building activities of the States Parties to World Heritage Conservation.
7. To encourage the participation of the local population in the protection of their cultural and natural heritage and encourage international cooperation in the protection of the cultural and natural heritage of our world.
International Day for Monuments and Sites: What is the theme of World Heritage Day 2022?
The theme of World Heritage Day 2022 is "Heritage and Climate". The organization encourages partners to showcase activities that highlight how heritage can be a source of knowledge to fight climate change.
International Day for Monuments and Sites 2022: What is the motto of World Heritage Day?
"Don't dirty the heritage because they represent my country. Protect our heritage from harm, and they are the most valuable things. Monuments are the ornaments of our country." "Be proud of Indian heritage".
International Day for Monuments and Sites 2022: What is observed on 18th April?
18 April: International Day for Monuments and Sites is observed.
International Day for Monuments and Sites 2022: How many World Heritage Days are there?
Of these, 32 are cultural, 7 are natural, and 1 is mixed (meeting both cultural and naturalistic criteria), as determined by the organization's selection criteria.
How do schools celebrate World Heritage Day?
Organize a World Heritage Education Workshop to create awareness among students and teachers (measures needed to locate, explain and protect heritage sites) field trips to local heritage sites followed by interactive discussions with experts.